Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhettrick
Regular Visitor

Upgraded to Power BI Report Server and existing SSRS Subscriptions have disappeared

We are running SQL SSRS 2016. We tried installing Power BI Report server on the same server. The new install worked and I could run all my existing reports, but when I went to look at existing subscriptions on SSRS reports, the server returns a generic error and the subscription doen't exist. Here are the steps we followed.

1. Stopped the existing SSRS report server service
  2. Took a backup of the ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB databases and then we took both of these databases offline
  3. Restored the ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB databases under a new names PowerBIReportServer and PowerBIReportServerTempDB
  4. Installed and configured PowerBI Report Server. We used the existing databases we restored in the step prior.
  5. We then restored the SSRS encryption key

At this point we could access the Power BI Report Server and all our folders, datasources, reports were in tact, as we would expect. The only thing that was missing is our SSRS subscriptions. I understand that Power BI reports cannot be put on a subscription, but what about the existing SSRS reports and their subscriptions, why are these gone? We had to rollback the upgrade because of this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bhettrick
Regular Visitor

For anyone else who might run in to this. Make sure you add your email setting to the new configuration. When you don't add your email settings, the subscriptions won't appear in report server. Add in your email configuration in the configuration manager, restart the server, and the subscriptions will show up again.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bhettrick
Regular Visitor

For anyone else who might run in to this. Make sure you add your email setting to the new configuration. When you don't add your email settings, the subscriptions won't appear in report server. Add in your email configuration in the configuration manager, restart the server, and the subscriptions will show up again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.