Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to save document Saving to Power BI Report Server was cancelled by the user

Hi,

when saving a report to our local report server I get frequently the error: Unable to save document Saving to Power BI Report Server was cancelled by the user

This is not true, the process was not cancelled by the user.

What could be the issue, how to analyse this error and how to solve?

We are using Power BI Desktop (January 2019).

Thanks and best regards

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
krisztb
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi Michael,

This is a known issue that affects reports with large models. Until the fix is released, I recommend saving it into the file system and upload it directly through the Report Server portal.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomD
Frequent Visitor

This is still happening at the January 2022 release. Saving the Power BI report via the web interface frequently fails also. I have to restart the Power BI Service to fix the issue. After the restart, I use Power BI Desktop or the web interface to save the report to the server. 

krisztb
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi Michael,

This is a known issue that affects reports with large models. Until the fix is released, I recommend saving it into the file system and upload it directly through the Report Server portal.

Hope this helps

well i upgrade the server a week ago to Sep-2022 i had the same error , where i save it using the same DesktopRS and uploaded it once again and still same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The post is few years old, we are running into same error with Sept 2021 version Power BI Report Server and associated Desktop version.  Where would I find associated bug report to see status of this known issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi krisztb,

That is not nice, but anyway, thanks a lot for your explanation.

Best regards

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.