Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

micheledubose
Resolver II
Resolver II

Unable to deploy Reporting Services report to Power BI Report Server

Hello,

In attempting to deploy an SSRS report from Visual Studio to Report Server, I get the following error:

Could not connect to the report server "servername/reportserver/". Verify that the TargetServerURL is valid and that you have the correct permissions to connect to the report server.

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The operation has timed out (Microsoft.ReportingServices.RsClient)

Deploying a report via VS to Report Server use to work.  In addition, I've attempted to connect to "servername/reportserver/" via SSMS, and it hangs.  What could be the cause?  I've checked the logs on the Report Server but I do not see any errors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
micheledubose
Resolver II
Resolver II

I restarted the Power BI Report Server service and the Web Service URL ("servername/reportserver/") works now.  I'm still unsure the cause of the issue and the reason it worked, accessing the URL in a browser on the server where Power BI is installed but not in any browser from my local machine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
micheledubose
Resolver II
Resolver II

I restarted the Power BI Report Server service and the Web Service URL ("servername/reportserver/") works now.  I'm still unsure the cause of the issue and the reason it worked, accessing the URL in a browser on the server where Power BI is installed but not in any browser from my local machine.

micheledubose
Resolver II
Resolver II

It appears I can connect to "http://servername/reportserver" from the server in a web browser. However, from my local machine's web browser, the site hangs.  How is this possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors