Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to connect to Report server from Configuration manger

Hi All,

I have installed Power BI report Server and configurwd it. I have also got URL while setting up configuration but i am unable to  connect it from Browser(Using URL). 

Also when I am going to change the configuration , I am unable to connect to report server. 

I have also tried from Power BI Report Server desktop but I am unable to server.

Server not reachable.PNGConfig.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
saykasku
Resolver I
Resolver I

Use SQL Server Profiler to check DB error on ReportServer DB. Paste here logs.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately it does not look like your installation was successful. Or maybe you installed using a different account.

If you installed using a different account you might need to log back in as that account in order to connect using the configuration tool. You need to work through each of the screens in the configuration tool and make sure that your database, webservice urls and portal urls are all configured and that you can access the portal from a browser before you attempt to connect with other tools.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply.  This time I am able to log-in from Web URL now but unable to Save as the report to report server . However I am able to reach the server but getting the error.

publishtoserver.PNGerror.PNG

What did you change to make it work this time? 

The error message does not give us anything to go on. You could try checking the most recent RSPortal_*.log or ReportingServicesService_*.log files in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles" on your server to see if you can find any more detail about this error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.