Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

xhinobi
Advocate I
Advocate I

URL filters not working after PBIRS Jan 2021 update

Hi:

Url filters are not working after PBIRS 2021 jan update. Now returns a blank screen , the reports works removing the ?filter expression.

Any workaround?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Petebro
Employee
Employee

This has been fixed in an update for Power BI Report Server (Jan 2021)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55329

- *Version: 1.10.7737.32652 (Build 15.0.1105.230), Released: March 12, 2021*
        - Bug fixes
            - Fixed issue with URL filters causing PBIX reports to not load.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
ad123
Frequent Visitor

Hi, is there an update on this URL issue? I still see it as a bug in the January 2021 PBRS. Is there an estimate on the timing?

The URL filtering issue has been fixed in the January version that is publically available now.

RavinderSunkara
Advocate II
Advocate II

We are bit confused to install the latest release of Power BI report server update. Could you please confirm if the filter issue is fixed  or not or do we have to wait for a stable release version with out any bugs.

Yes the URL filters are working for PBIX reports in the latest Jan 2021 release.

Petebro
Employee
Employee

This has been fixed in an update for Power BI Report Server (Jan 2021)

- *Version: 1.10.7737.32652 (Build 15.0.1105.230), Released: March 12, 2021*
        - Bug fixes
            - Fixed issue with URL filters causing PBIX reports to not load.

Hi, Still not working for me with the example,

Do you need to premium version or does it work with the free one?

I treid with the example on the site

https://docs.microsoft.com/es-es/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters#feedback

not resolved for me.. any ideas?

Trying to run the update now asks for a product key

i checked on VLSC and found the key under 2019 SQL server (we installed 2016 originally)

the key doesn't work

Great News! So this is just a Report Server update i.e. no update to PBI Desktop right?

braddo81
Helper II
Helper II

here is the update i got from a ticket i raised with MS

Apologies for the delay! The RS product team is still working on a few refresh issues that were found in the Jan 2021 release. So, the best (fastest) option for Allscripts right now is to rollback to the last October 2020 patch release (15.0.1104.300). That version had all but one of the refresh issues fixed. So, reverting back to the last Oct 2020 release will resolve the URL filter issue and have fixes for the high impact refresh issues we saw. To do this, please follow the below points:

• Backup the PBIRS databases, encryption key and rsreportserver.config (and any other PBIRS config files you may have changed due to custom extensions or authentication)
  • Uninstall PBIRS January 2021
  • Restore the PBIRS databases that were backed up before you upgraded to the January 2021 release (15.0.1105.195)
  • Install PBIRS October 2020
  • Configure PBIRS to as needed and connect it to the restored PBIRS databases.
Petebro
Employee
Employee

We hear you and totally understand the frustration that this scenario was broken in the update. I can confirm WE WILL patch Power BI Report Server January 2021 with a fix for this issue so you will not have to wait until the May release to have this resolved. However, I can't speak to an exact timeframe for that fix yet.

RavinderSunkara
Advocate II
Advocate II

Power BI Team, 
The Power BI report returns a blank scren when we already had a ?filter expression to the url in the recent release version of PowerBI report server. Please fix the bug as soon as possible otherwise we have to revert back to old version of powerbi report server released on 7 January 2021 as part of october 2020.

parag_lokare
Advocate I
Advocate I

20+ of our reports are dependent on this feature. I have read the fix is ready but waiting for other bugs to be fixed. @Petebro Can Microsoft release the fix asap? Oct2020 has API issues, Import mode scheduling issues. Jan2021 has this major blocker. We cannot move back to earlier versions. We are in a CheckMate situation. 🙂

YaronAttias
Regular Visitor

We have the same issue with the URL filtering after upgrading to Jan-2021 version, It's a critical issue for us as most of our reports using URL filters.
@Petebro  can you share what is MS mitigation plan to this issue?

braddo81
Helper II
Helper II

same issue here.. we have 5 reports that we use with filters.. this is painful

i have raised an MS call
just sent screenshots, and log files

lets see what they respond with

Petebro
Employee
Employee

I never want to be the bearer of bad news, so I apologize again.

Certainly in the May release but if there is a Jan update it would be included there as well.

DMCA
Frequent Visitor

@Petebro, is there any update you can share on a hotfix or workaround for this bug please?
Reverting back to an earlier version is a very difficult process but staying on the January 2021 version is not an option either without a fix.
Thanks

Please Hotfix this BIG issue.

Petebro
Employee
Employee

Actually that is the same version as before. Previously the build number was incorrect so we updated the number it to reflect the actual build number (also made similar update to the changelog). However, no new bits were released. The date change is just a byproduct of that update.

Sorry to get your hopes up I know this is an annoying issue to deal with. I will post when we do a new release or have news to share.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.