Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

XYj7122086
Regular Visitor

The report builder will fail to preview when there is a large amount of data, and the preview speed

Hello, predecessors

At present, I have designed a report previewer, which links to the SQL Server database. When the data volume is greater than 259200 rows of data, the query time takes 50 minutes. There are 27 data in each row, and sometimes the query fails. The query function of the dataset is as follows. What is the solution?

= "SELECT * FROM [tabData] WHERE dtTime >= '" + Parameters!BATbegintime.Value +"' AND dtTime <= '" + Parameters!BATendtime.Value +"'"+ "order by dtTime"

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @XYj7122086 ,

What exactly do you mean by query failure and will there be an alert message about it?

In some cases the inability to load the preview may be a problem caused by insufficient permissions.
You can check the following blog and similar solutions to see if they help you.

Failing to Preview Report in Report Builder - SELECT SIFISO

exception - SSRS report builder - Failed to preview report - Stack Overflow

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and related screenshoots. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear Henry,

Thank you very much for your reply

In my case, the preview is possible, but when the data exceeds about 10 million, errors will occur and the browser will be unable to access this page.

微信图片_20221028085635.jpg

My system is in Chinese. The translation means that this page cannot be accessed. Please ensure that the web address server is correct

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.