Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

frankwangtakumi
Regular Visitor

The MySql source doesn't support encrypted connections when using cloud connections

Hi, I'v been looking how to deal with this for quite long, hoping can get any ideas here:

I connecting my sql database from colud server, in power desktop, everything works fine, including refreshing. But when it published, the refreshment does not work with this error message: The MySql source doesn't support encrypted connections.

Looking back to my other old reports, I found that they were using on-premises gateway as long as the dataset published. But now, seems it will automaticlly using cloud connections in stead of on-premises gateway, and this is why the refreshing not work.

But when i try to change it into on-premises, and  it seems not possible. 

Is it possible to shut down cloud connections? Or moving this connection to gateway?截屏2024-04-12 13.25.15.png截屏2024-04-12 13.25.35.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@frankwangtakumi  yes, for cloud connections, we dont need a gateway but need a cloud connection setup. it is a new feature in Power BI. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

go into the next section and check if you have any triangles in the credentials list.

Seems ok with all the credentials. Is it a new feature that power bi now leading to cloud connections directly if the database is from the cloud?

截屏2024-04-12 21.34.03.png

@frankwangtakumi  yes, for cloud connections, we dont need a gateway but need a cloud connection setup. it is a new feature in Power BI. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

After setting up encryptting for database, this issue solved. Thanks,

KossXL_0-1714548970202.png

Hey, everybody. I don't use encryption and still get this error.
How to fix it?

The MySql source doesn't support encrypted connections.

Como você realizou a configuração?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.