Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Eleftheria_K
Frequent Visitor

Sparklines in Matrix don't appear in Server

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem with Sparklines. When I add them in a matrix and then upload the report to the server the graph breaks and in its place it presents an error. We have the January 2022 edition in both server and desktop optimized for RS. In my desktop the graphs seems fine.

Do we have to enable them and every new feature as well when we install the newest edition of RS as we do for desktop?

Thank you in advance,

Eleftheria

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I have both the "cloud" version of Power BI Desktop and the Report Server version of Desktop and the sparklines option is only present in the "cloud" version. Sparklines are currently a preview feature and neither Report Server or Power BI Desktop for Report Server support using preview features.

So unfortunately the answer here is that you will need to remove the sparklines from your tables since they are not currently supported by Report Server. Hopefully this feature will be out of preview before the May release so you should be able to add them back then (although I don't recall seeing an official timeline for sparklines, I'm just speculating)

My only thought about how this happened is that someone accidentally edited this particular report with the wrong version of Power BI and added the sparklines from there. And since this is a preview feature which is in active development the server release is probably a few days different to the desktop release and is missing some fixes that made it into desktop.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Waseem_12

Hi @d_gosbell I still do not see Sparkline option directly available in Power BI report server Desktop version. I tried other alternative like svg image to add sparkline to table visual. But the problem is Datacategory option is greyed out when I connected to SSAS using live connection. I request all community members to give their inputs on this please. Thanks in advance.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I have both the "cloud" version of Power BI Desktop and the Report Server version of Desktop and the sparklines option is only present in the "cloud" version. Sparklines are currently a preview feature and neither Report Server or Power BI Desktop for Report Server support using preview features.

So unfortunately the answer here is that you will need to remove the sparklines from your tables since they are not currently supported by Report Server. Hopefully this feature will be out of preview before the May release so you should be able to add them back then (although I don't recall seeing an official timeline for sparklines, I'm just speculating)

My only thought about how this happened is that someone accidentally edited this particular report with the wrong version of Power BI and added the sparklines from there. And since this is a preview feature which is in active development the server release is probably a few days different to the desktop release and is missing some fixes that made it into desktop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.