Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Solution for hosting Power BI report

Hi All,

We are looking for best econimic solution wherein we can host the Power BI reports and thoses can be accessable to our clients. Can some help me with below:

Power BI Report Server

Azure Power BI Embded 

Any third party portal

4 REPLIES 4
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

For Basic protection you may opt for Embedded with Gnerate Iframe embed option and put those in any web portal . The users would have to login to access those reports. The external users can be added as guests to your tenant. You may skip Publish to web as that is not recommended for any client specific usage.

Here is the link with details :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-embed-secure#:~:text=and%20JavaS....

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous In genearl, Power BI Embedded ought to be the most economical solution assuming Publish to Web is not an option due to security. Would need more specifics to know for sure though.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler Thank for taking ou time!,

We dont have such secuirty concerns as of now basic protection will work fine for us. Our orgnization deals with ground zero in contact centre industry(Interaction Analytics) wherein we provide insights for ground zero. Can you please help me in providing the basic process flow for how to setup embded solution.

Addtionally, I was also looking for this power bi portal by devscope.net will this be beneficial?

Thanks once again! 

@Anonymous Well, if "basic protection" means that only the people with the link can view the reports, then Publish to Web will work as long as you don't use custom visuals, RLS and stuff like that. 

I am not the world's foremost expert on Power BI Embedded. I would refer you here: Power BI Playground

You could also ask the question in the Power BI Developer forum. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.