Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cflook00
Regular Visitor

Smartsheet Scheduled Refresh not available

I am using the certified Smartsheet data connector to connect Power BI to Smartsheet (cloud solution). I am able to refresh the report fine from within Power BI Desktop. The problem comes when I go to create a scheduled refresh it says it does not recognize the Smartsheet connection as an external data connection. I've searched through all of the Power BI help (please do not link the unsupported data types as I am either missing something or it is not making sense) and I can't find why this shouldn't work.

From the screenshot below it looks like refresh from service is available... it says gateway is not required.

cflook00_0-1664889180876.png

cflook00_1-1664889215951.png

Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

So the screenshot you are showing is from the Power BI Service (the cloud version) not from Report Server (the on-prem version) 

d_gosbell_0-1664917266659.png

Power BI report data sources in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Unfortunately SmartSheet (and most other cloud based sources) are not supported for scheduled refresh when using the on-prem report server. If you have a mix of on-prem and cloud based data the general advice is to publish your reports to a cloud based workspace and use a data gateway for the on-prem data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

So the screenshot you are showing is from the Power BI Service (the cloud version) not from Report Server (the on-prem version) 

d_gosbell_0-1664917266659.png

Power BI report data sources in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Unfortunately SmartSheet (and most other cloud based sources) are not supported for scheduled refresh when using the on-prem report server. If you have a mix of on-prem and cloud based data the general advice is to publish your reports to a cloud based workspace and use a data gateway for the on-prem data.

Wow that is unfortunate... thank you for the response though that makes sense. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.