Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

don075
Helper I
Helper I

Scheduling and emailing in power bi server

I would like to know whether it is possible to schedule and email a report in power bi server.

If so, would appreciate any links for instructions.

4 REPLIES 4
josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Email subscriptions on on-premises Power BI Report Server is possible only for Paginated (SSRS) Reports. Not for interactive PBIX.

don075
Helper I
Helper I

I already entered the email settings on report server configuration manager and still no subscribe option is available.

don075
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the response. I am a bit confused. I did a google seach and it said that you can use the subscribe option to email the report. You don't need paginated reports to do this. But in my report, I don't have the option for this. 

What I am missing here?

My search results:

There could be several reasons why the subscribe option is not shown for your reports. Here are some possible causes and solutions:

1. Your Power BI administrator or IT help desk may have disabled this feature, generally or specifically for external users, or a maximum subscriber limit may have been reached1. You can contact them to check if this is the case and request to enable the feature or increase the limit.

2. Your organization may have configured certain settings in Azure Active Directory that limit the ability to use email subscriptions in Power BI. These limitations include, but aren’t limited to, having multifactor authentication or IP range restrictions when accessing resources1. You can contact your Azure AD administrator to check if this is the case and request to change the settings.

3. You may have reached the maximum of 24 subscriptions per Power BI report or dashboard1. You can delete some of your existing subscriptions or create a new report or dashboard to subscribe to.

4. There may be a known issue with Power BI Report Server and email subscriptions. After you configure the email settings in the Reporting Services Configuration Manager, when you try to create a new subscription, the option to deliver a report by Email isn’t available2. To work around this issue, you can restart the Power BI Report Server service2.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.