Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DBailey
Regular Visitor

Schedule refresh not triggered.

Hi Team,

Please pardon if this has ben already discussed. I have a schedule refresh that does not triggered automatically and we have to perform the maual refresh by clickin on the Refrehs Now everyday. This was working about 2 months ago but over suddent stopped. we have recreated the refresed several times to no success.
Steps already done:

I have rule out credentials since the refresh now works. And other reports with same credentials connecting to the same sql server are workng fine.
I have rule out bugs since we just upgraded the server to January 2024 version.
I have not ruled out the actual report (errors in formulas or calculations) and data issues (incorrect values) since the refresh now actualy updates the information on the report.
Tested connection to the data source (a SQL Server using a service account) from the PBI Report Server. An dalsto using Powershell and both were succesful.

The refresh runs at 11:20 Mon to Fri and before this time there are refreshes that run successfully.
From the Power Bi report Server stand point is there anythign else I can check?

could this be an issue with th db ReportServer and ReportServertemp database?

Thank you in adv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ChrisMuthmann
Resolver II
Resolver II

You could delete the corresponding SQL Server Agent job and then restart the PBIRS. This will recreate the SQL Server Agent job and it should run as defined.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DBailey
Regular Visitor

Thank You Chris. I will follow up with the DB Admin. I will get back to you if this work and accept as solution. Finger crossed 🙂

ChrisMuthmann
Resolver II
Resolver II

You could delete the corresponding SQL Server Agent job and then restart the PBIRS. This will recreate the SQL Server Agent job and it should run as defined.

Thank You Chris! Accepting your response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.