Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MAXI279
Frequent Visitor

Report titles lowercase after uploading a report

Hi, im having a problem after the October 2017 update, all the reports that i upload change their title to lowercase. 

Example : Upload "Sales Report.pbix" and in the browser i see "sales report"

is this a bug?

PD: Only if one of the containing folders has a especial character like " ó í á é " .

reportbi.PNG

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MAXI279,

This behavior doesn't occur in my environment (Version 1.1.6514.9163 October 2017 ).

1.PNG

What browser did you use? I view Power BI Web Portal with IE 11.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft Thanks for your answer!

Im using version 1.1.6530.30789 (Octubre 2017) , it seems to be newer  Smiley Sad 

note that the lowercase in the report titles appear only when i save reports into a folder with accented words in his name.

Try to create a folder named "Ábc" and save a report with Uppercase letters to reproduce.

I´ve tried Power BI Web Portal with EDGE, Chrome and IE11.

Hi @MAXI279,

I have updated the Report Server to the same version as yours and tested again, while I could not reproduce your problem either.

2.PNG

If you named your pbix files with English, did issue persist? Also, did this problem occur to SSRS reports? Besides, please restart your PBI Report Server service for a test.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

we are expiriencing the same issue - when saving a report where reportname or foldername contains any of the danish chars (ÆØÅ) all chars are lowercased at save event.

If the reportname is changed into propercase, the report can be loaded by PowerBI Desktop, but trying to save it again, results in a permission denied error.

Does it related to SQL collation used by any means `? Or ?

\Thomas

BTW. Running on March 2018 version

\Thomas

Hi,

we are expiriencing the same issue - when saving a report where reportname or foldername contains any of the danish chars (ÆØÅ) all chars are lowercased at save event.

If the reportname is changed into propercase, the report can be loaded by PowerBI Desktop, but trying to save it again, results in a permission denied error.

Does it related to SQL collation used by any means `? Or ?

\Thomas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.