Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

Report Server Vs Power BI Service in terms of data security

Hi All,

Can anyone please explain some of the pros and cons in terms of Data security which is good to use Power BI service or Power BI report server.

If i have very confidential data and i need to use Import mode to connect to data source.

1. Will Power BI report server provide more data security than Power BI service?

If yes, what are the pros and cons for using Power BI report server in terms of data security?

2. Will Power BI service be suitable for deployment of reports which are created using import mode with very confidential data.

If yes, what are the pros and cons for using Power BI service in terms of data security?

3. and also if someone can highlight the major differences between Power BI report server and Power BI service in terms of Data security.

I know i should not use import mode in this case but i have to use import mode.

Please let me know if you need more clarification on above points.

Thank you for the help and support.

Regards,

Chayan Upadhyay

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.