Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RD1965

Report Server Configuration Manager fails to start with .NET Framework error

Sept 2021 Version installed and running for months.

Starting the Configuration Manager tool and after connecting to server, I get the following error;

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

COM Exception

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Have you tried right-clicking on the Config Manager and choosing the "Run As Administrator" option? I get this error if I forget to do this step on my local PC since my default account does not have admin rights and the config tool requires admin rights.

View solution in original post

RD1965

Many Thanks what was the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RD1965

Many Thanks what was the problem.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Have you tried right-clicking on the Config Manager and choosing the "Run As Administrator" option? I get this error if I forget to do this step on my local PC since my default account does not have admin rights and the config tool requires admin rights.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.