Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sultrax

Report Builder - Relationships

As a simple test for the creation of a dataset in PBI Report Builder, I imported two tables to PBI Desktop: one with product sales and another with product devolutions. After that, i created two dynamic tables: one for product name and another for date. As the two main tables had columns for product name and date, i related them with the dynamic tables, everything worked fine and I published it all into my workspace.

So, in PBI Report Builder, I imported the data source from my workspace and started creating a dataset with the table wizard. I used the dProduct Name table as a parameter, the dDate table as the only line and the Sales and Devolutions Quantities as the values to be shown. But the PBI Report Builder doesn't understand the relationship between the original and dynamic tables, even if they are consolidated on PBI Desktop.

Worse than that: both the written course and the video course on Microsoft Learn show a relationship pane inside the Query Designer of the Dataset and i can't find anything like that on my version (15.7.1807.730).

So, how can i create a simple relationship between columns of different tables on PBI Report Builder? I have seen some stuff about the subject here in the forum but I still can't apply any of that on the last version of PBI Report Builder.

Thank you so much.

PS: It is also difficult to find an specific topic for PBI Report Builder here.

2 REPLIES 2
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sultrax ,

Please create new dataset --> click Query Designer, then you will open a Query Designer pane.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1713160496068.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thank you for your answer, but as I have said, my version of Report Builder does not show a Relationship pane or a Autodetect button at all. Even the itens on the left are different. The parameter pane is above and the fields pane below and when I add fields they appear as columns and not rows. And the "Run Query" button is this text in the middle of the screen. It's the last update. builder 2.jpgbuilder.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.