Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

S_Berg
Frequent Visitor

Report Builder - Conditional Background for a Field Using SWITCH

In report builder I want to add conditional formatting to a column (RFH_DUE_DATE) in a table, the table's main dataset is from the Tracker dataset. I created RFH_DUE_DATE from the Provider dataset.

The column is created from a Lookup expression: RFH_DUE_DATE=   IIf(IsNothing(Fields!RPR.Value), DateAdd(DateInterval.Day, 180, Lookup(CInt(Fields!P_ID.Value), CInt(Fields!ID.Value), CStr(Fields!NPR.Value), "Prov")), DateAdd(DateInterval.Day, 180, Fields!RPR.Value))  

For the conditional formatting I want to change the fill color-

-Finished: Green

-Due Within 30 Days: Red

-Due Within 90 Days: Yellow

-Finished: If the RFH_FILED is not null or PRRB_INDIVIDUAL_CASE__ is not null or NOTES like “missed”

-Due Within 30 Days: If not Finished and the RFH_DUE_DATE – Today <= 30

-Due Within 90 Days: If not Finished and the RFH_DUE_DATE – Today between 31 and 90

Here is my expression for the background fill:

=switch(isnothing(Fields!RFH_FILED.Value) = FALSE, "Green", isnothing(Fields!PRRB_INDIVIDUAL_CASE__.Value) = FALSE, "Green", instr(Fields!NOTES.Value, "missed") > 0, "Green", (isnothing(Fields!RFH_FILED.Value) = TRUE OrElse isnothing(Fields!PRRB_INDIVIDUAL_CASE__.Value) = TRUE OrElse instr(Fields!NOTES.Value, "missed") = 0) AndAlso datediff(DateInterval.Day,IIf(IsNothing(Fields!RNPR.Value), DateAdd(DateInterval.Day,180,Lookup(CInt(Fields!Provider_ID.Value),CInt(Fields!ID.Value),CStr(Fields!NPR.Value),"Provider")),DateAdd(DateInterval.Day,180,Fields!RNPR.Value)), Today()) <= 30, "Red", (isnothing(Fields!RFH_FILED.Value) = TRUE OrElse isnothing(Fields!PRRB_INDIVIDUAL_CASE__.Value) = TRUE OrElse instr(Fields!NOTES.Value, "missed") = 0) AndAlso datediff(DateInterval.Day, IIf(IsNothing(Fields!RNPR.Value),DateAdd(DateInterval.Day,180,Lookup(CInt(Fields!Provider_ID.Value),CInt(Fields!ID.Value),CStr(Fields!NPR.Value),"Provider")),DateAdd(DateInterval.Day,180,Fields!RNPR.Value)), Today()) > 30, "Yellow", 1=1, "Transparent")

When I run the report the entire column incorrectly turns all green, I cannot get any of the other colors in my expression to work. 

How can I correct this expression?

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You have 3 different branches in your Switch returning the value "Green" - I would temporarily change 2 of these to something else like "Pink" and "Blue" then you should be able to see which branches of the switch are being applied and it should be easier then to look at your expressions and your data to see what is wrong with the logic.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.