Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Repeat Column Header on Each Page skips pages

Hi~ I am working on my first report -- it is probably more complex than I should be attempting, but it's 99% there.

I am struggling to get my column headers to repeat on each page. I've gone through the Advanced Mode > Static > KeepWithGroup / RepeatOnNewPage settings and for the most part, it works great! 

However, I'm finding it will "randomly" skip a page. For example:

Pages 2-10 repeats headers

Page 11 has no headers

Pages 12-17 repeats headers

Page 18 has no headers

Pages 19-21 repeats headers

I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on, and I haven't had any luck searching around for a solution. 😕 Any ideas? 

EDIT: (5/24/2022) I ended up just deleting it and starting over and it seems to be ok now. 

4 REPLIES 4
isabella
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

How is your report looks like ,can you show us the screenshot?

in general,these steps allow you to make your header repeatable

1.    In the grouping pane, make sure to turn on advanced mode (click on the small black down arrow on the far right of the grouping pane)  

2.  Select the corresponding (Static) item in the row group hierarchy

3.  In the properties grid, set RepeatOnNewPage to true 

4. KeepwithGroup to After

If your issue is still not resolved ,you can paste your property settings and report design  here  for us to  reproduce your issue and find a solution .

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Isabella

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @isabella, yes, those are the steps I had taken previously, as stated in the original post~ 

I am not sure where to copy the property settings and report design to paste it here? 

I've added report screenshots below in spoilers (hopefully). I changed the text to white in most of the columns because I am not sure I am allowed to post this content publicly.

Page 1 for reference: Full header

Spoiler
Page 1Page 1

Page 15: Normal column headers

Spoiler
pg_15.png

Page 16: Missing column headers (this is the only page missing headers for the selected parameter)

Spoiler
pg_16.png

Page 17: Normal column headers

Spoiler
pg_17.png

I thought because Item#14 spans pages 15 and 16, maybe that is why the headers do not show -- but I have other pages with similar lines and the headers are visible there. 

Hi @Anonymous 

Are the 3 rows in table too? how about seperate them from the table ,you can use 9 textboxs.

isabella_0-1652258566120.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Isabella

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @isabella 

They are a separate table.

Top section table selected: 

Tablix1.png

Body section table selected: 

Tablix2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.