Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refreshing data from web source - that is running on local server - not accessible from outside

I have notebook that uses local web server data (API) with bearer token. How do I configure gateway, data sources to be able to refresh/access this data. Currently i have on premises gateway signed in but cannot find the correct data source settings on PowerBI workspace as it comes with cyclic reference error 

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Are you referring to the inability to add the web as a data source in Manage Gateway? Are you in the right place to try?

You can refresh your web data source. You can use the on-demand refresh or configure the schedule refresh.

Please refer Configure scheduled refresh.

And you can find the Power BI Support data source in this article.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Catilyn,

What I think it is is proxy - I basically need a way to access local server that is behind proxy. How do I configure proxy with gateway ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.