Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Whwesleyjr
Regular Visitor

Refreshed BI service comes back empty

Hello all,

I have 2 reports that run with no problems on my PBI desktop app. I can manually refresh the data and all fields are populated. I publish the reports to the web service and they appear to be fine. I schedule a auto refresh for the next day and all the data disappears. I'm left with just the headers of the report columns. I've tried deleteing both data sets and republishing the reports and I get the same results after the refresh. Both reports are simple table models. I have renamed a few columns in the desktop app, I also have a couple of calculated columns but nothing that complicated. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

William W

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What is the datasource ?.

Thanks,

Shanthakumar

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Whwesleyjr 

I need more information to judge. After the desktop report is published to service, you need to add a gateway, then configure refresh to refresh the data. You can check whether the gateway is operating normally and whether the configuration of the data source is correct.

When the report is refreshed, you can see the result of the refresh in the refresh history. Can you share the refresh history or error screenshots?

dataset>>setting>>refresh history

vjaneygmsft_1-1623914476296.png

vjaneygmsft_0-1623914427505.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Janey,

Thank you for your reply. I did check the gateway refresh and it shows completed, however I beleieve I may have a configuration problem with the gateway. When I download "Analyze in excel" the workbook is empty. I assume becaue the refresh was not connected to the data table correctly. I have 2 reports that act the same way and ironically they both use the same data table. I will follow up with my IT dept and see if they can confirm my connection. I will update this post when I have more information. Thanks again for the help!

WW

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.