Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kratos1112
Regular Visitor

Refresh with datasource of the excel on sharepoint

Just want to know if the report upload to the PBIRS could refresh with the datasource of excel on sharepoint?

I checked it on the offical website and found the refresh plan could not be scheduled and also could not be authorized with the sharepoint file.

data source refresh.JPGdata source.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

From on-premise Power BI Rerport server, you CAN refresh excel files (or any else), only from on-premise SharePoint Server.

From on-premise Power BI Rerport server, you currently CAN NOT refresh excel files (or any else), from cloud SharePoint Online (due to autentification limitations)

CDavies
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, Yes it can be refreshed.  We use the Web connector and copy the spreadsheet's link from Sharepoint on premise (remember to remove the [? =web] bit on the end of the url).

I changed the datasource by your method, but it still can not work.

I also used basic authentication with my organizational account and try to login, failed too.

Any other problem about what I fillin in this page?

Connection failed.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.