Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

wouterDefour
Frequent Visitor

Refresh PowerBi pending on predecessors

Hello,

I have a powerBI which I would like to refresh. 

The refresh should be done when the datasets are up to date. 

There is no fixed time when all the datasets are up to date. they are all ready between 6h30 and 7h30.

Imho a pushed refresh is the best solution. I tried two ways of working:

- through rest API

- placing a blob on azure storage website

Both are very hard to configure in azure portal and we fail each time on security.

We do not have the authority to perform certain actions when configuring in azure, also our admins in our company do not want to grant the rights because of security reasons.

I was think of sheduling the powerBI each 15 minutes between 7 and 9am, but letting it fail when the datasets are not ready.

Does any one have any ideas how to accomplish this?

Any other suggestion is appreciated!

Thanks for your insights,

Wouter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Have you looked at using Power Automate ( which used to be called Flow ) It has a task to trigger a Power BI refresh. So it you can detect when your datasets are updated somehow you could then use Power Automate to trigger the Power BI refresh (see https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/refresh-your-power-bi-dataset-using-microsoft-flow/ )

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Have you looked at using Power Automate ( which used to be called Flow ) It has a task to trigger a Power BI refresh. So it you can detect when your datasets are updated somehow you could then use Power Automate to trigger the Power BI refresh (see https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/refresh-your-power-bi-dataset-using-microsoft-flow/ )

Thanks!

Setup is very easy and works perfertly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors