Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ChrisMuthmann
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Power BI Report Server January 2022 Release

Hi Lucien,

it looks like the new formatting options for text didn't make it into the new release.

Kind regards,
Christoph

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChrisMuthmann ,

According to my current tests, the new formatting options are currently implemented in the Power BI Desktop version(not for RS) by checking the new format pane in the preview feature. In Power BI Desktop for RS, the new formatting options are not currently available in the preview feature.

vluwangmsft_2-1644571824774.png

vluwangmsft_3-1644571896369.png

Wish you have a good weekend and I will follow up next week and let you know as soon as I have any news.

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChrisMuthmann ,

The article on the new text formatting options has been adjusted and you can refer:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-report-server-january-2022-feature-summary/ 

Best Regards
Lucien

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChrisMuthmann ,

The article on the new text formatting options has been adjusted and you can refer:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-report-server-january-2022-feature-summary/ 

Best Regards
Lucien

Hi Lucien,

thanks a lot. So I'm, waiting for the next release to see the smarter formatting options! 😉

Kind regards,

Christoph

ChrisMuthmann
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks a lot, that helped a lot!
Kind regards,

Christoph

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChrisMuthmann ,

According to my current tests, the new formatting options are currently implemented in the Power BI Desktop version(not for RS) by checking the new format pane in the preview feature. In Power BI Desktop for RS, the new formatting options are not currently available in the preview feature.

vluwangmsft_2-1644571824774.png

vluwangmsft_3-1644571896369.png

Wish you have a good weekend and I will follow up next week and let you know as soon as I have any news.

Best Regards

Lucien

ChrisMuthmann
Resolver I
Resolver I

I'm missing the 'Pie and donut chart rotation', too!

Hi @ChrisMuthmann ,

According my test,you could find  'Pie and donut chart rotation' through the below:

vluwangmsft_4-1644572682443.png

vluwangmsft_5-1644572732932.png

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.