Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

opeyemi_joseph
Regular Visitor

RESTRICTED VISUALS ON POWER BI REPORT SERVER

My chat displays well on power bi desktop(optimized for report server) but After uploading my report on Power bi report server I get this error telling me:

"This visual contains restricted data
To view this visual, contact the dataset owner to request access to the data behind it below"
all visuals have this errorall visuals have this error

I did not previously always have this issue with this same report. I also am the administrator, builder and uploader of my report.
2 REPLIES 2
opeyemi_joseph
Regular Visitor

So the restriction has been removed But i think it might be an error at either the online or desktop level. I created a Role while testing RLS on the desktop but never implemented it online. So to solve the issue i had, i created a new folder for the new report i want to upload, checked the security to make sure there is no RLS and security restriction from the repsective options,  i also deleted all roles from the desktop using Modelling >> "Manage Roles". I also changed the "view as" to "none". I then uploaded to the new folder i created on report server. It worked fine.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

This means you've created one or more security roles in your model, but the user viewing the report is not a member of any of those roles.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.