Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

cren
Frequent Visitor

Problem with Installation of the On-Premise Data Gateway

Hello All,

I am having a problem with installing the data gateway program onto my machine as shown on the tutorials on the Power BI document page. I wish to use autorefreshing for some of my dashboards and this is necessary. I tried going to the troubleshooting page to find the issue and tried to implement several actions to resolve the issue. For example, I am using up to date windows with microsoft.net 4.6 and I also temporarily disabled by anti-virus software when attempting to install the last few times to no avail.

For some reason when I tried to implement the installer the first time, I got past the section in which I chose whether it was a personal or business gateway and clicked execute, only for the installation to fail. Now whenever I try to install I get the following message.

Help Ticket #1.PNG

Apparently, I have to deinstall the current application, but I can´t find it on my computer and I don´t believe it ever went through as on the Power BI online service, it clearly states to me that I do not have a gateway installed. If I click on more information, it just takes me to a dead 404 link. Furthermore, sometimes after waiting long enough I get another message after this one saying...

Datagateway installation error.PNG

Basically, it asks me to install the gateway correctly with the proper configuration, but when I accept, the installer still fails.

Any thoughts on what the issue is at hand and more importantly, how to resolve it? Any help would be much appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.