Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Alex_N_
Advocate I
Advocate I

Printing cuts off top of report

I've discovered that using the File > Print (Print current page) option in Report Server is cutting off the top of the page - See below example.  I'm unsure how long this has been going on for, though we only relatively recently upgraded to the September 2022 version of PBIRS and Desktop (RS).

Comparison:  Report Server view on top.  Print preview shows cut-off top of the report image (which does match actual printed outcome)Comparison: Report Server view on top. Print preview shows cut-off top of the report image (which does match actual printed outcome)

Exporting via Desktop (RS) into a .pdf file works just fine, though this won't be an option for standard report consumers accessing the Report Server.  The cut-off to the top area of the report is consistent across files and browsers.  Tinkering has so far been unusccessful: no amount of resizing the report canvas, switching from landscape to portrait, or browser print scaling/to fit settings appears to make much difference.

Interestingly, increasing the top margin simply moves the cut-off report down the page.  It really feels as if the top of the report simply isn't being accepted as part of the printable image.

Top margin increased - Report image still cut offTop margin increased - Report image still cut off

I couldn't find this anywhere else in known issues or on this forum.  Any thoughts?  Version details below for reference. 

• PBI Report Server:  15.0.1110.120 (September 2022 Released: September 26, 2022)
  • PBI Desktop (RS):  2.109.1021.0 (64-bit) (September 2022 QFE 3) Released: October 4, 2022
  • Google Chrome:  108.0.5359.72 (Official Build) (32-bit)
  • Microsoft Edge:  108.0.1462.46 (Official build) (64-bit)
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.