Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

murater85
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi Desktop with Reporting Services - May2021 Disconnect VPN and Network Connection

Hi,

Our system run Power Bi Report Server May2021 version so our PBRS desktop clients use with May2021 version. Out of LAN networks with VPN connection we have an issue.

Computer has internet connection and connect VPN to Company network. At the beginning everythins is OK but when run Power Bi Desktop with RS exe and open an existing report networks all change disconnected. You can not reach Company Network and internet.

Then Close Power Bi Exe then recreate VPN then reopen report is same.

Problem appears all our developer clients who create reports.

I checked all settings Power Bi Option but I have not solved yet. 

How can we solve issue?

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
murater85
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

We solved our issue with clear saved permisson. Open Power Bi Desktop With RS then

Options and Setting ==> Data Source Settings ==> Global Permission ==> Clear Permission

After clear saved permission etc.

VPN and network not disconnected.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
murater85
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

We solved our issue with clear saved permisson. Open Power Bi Desktop With RS then

Options and Setting ==> Data Source Settings ==> Global Permission ==> Clear Permission

After clear saved permission etc.

VPN and network not disconnected.

Thanks.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I think you will need to engage with the team that manages your VPN to sort this out. Power BI Desktop does not have anything to do with managing VPN connections. I've been using a Cisco based VPN at work with Power BI Desktop for RS for the last 3 years without any issues and I have not seen other users complaining of issues like this. So it sounds like possibly something specific to they way your VPN has been configured.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.