Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Tsko

Power BI report - default time range

Tsko_0-1714243378221.png

Tsko_1-1714243399923.png

I have i date filter in my Power BI report (slicer type between). I need to configure it to default to show data for the last 8 months back from today's date.
I found an option to set up *Filter type: relative date, Show items: is in the last 8 months* , which works, but the problem is that I can't select in the from field an older date than the 8 months (I can only select from dates in the last 8 months, which is a bit strange behavior). How can I achieve the same result but with the option to choose any date (even older than 8 months etc).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Teach your users how to press the eraser button in your first image.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your description is confusing to me. Please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are aiming to achieve. What have you tried and where are you stuck?

Hi, 

1) I have a date filter (second picture in original post)

2) set this filter to relatative date (first picture in original post)

3) it shows data from last 8 months when i open report (8 months back from the current day)

4) in this setting I can't set a date older than the 8 months in the filter (which intuitively should be possible if I have them) - picture bellow

5) how do I get the filter settings to be the same and be able to select from all available dates (even those older than 8 months)

Tsko_1-1714325226881.png

- date when i open the report is last 8 month from now... but cant select older records and cant solve this

Teach your users how to press the eraser button in your first image.

Thanks, that's probably the only right answer😁

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors