Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI premium

Hi, I am helping a small orgnisation which is starting to use Power BI as the main reporting tool. They dont want to use Power BI services to host their reports due to security issues but due to a small number of end users to use the reports, they are also not pepared to have an enterpise version of Power BI. Can anybody please advise how I can go about advising them to go forward in using Power BI as the main reporting tool. Is there any other way they can host their reports and share them with the executives in the orgnasiation. or is there any cost effective way of hosting and sharing the reports within the organisation?

Thanks

Gad

1 REPLY 1
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I would first find out what the security concerns of the organizations are. Power BI is a very secure environment and I have personally worked with several government organizations that have hosted their data in Power BI.  Take a look at Power BI Added to Microsoft Trust Center. Also, check out this white paper - Managing compliance in the cloud 

I am not sure what you mean by Power BI Enterprise, but if you are referring to Power BI Report Server, yes it requires either  Power BI Premium or SQL Server Enterprise Edition with Software Assurance - both can be expensive depending on how you look at it. See if your client has a SQL Server Enterprise Edition license with Software Assurance, this would allow them to have Power BI Report Server on-prem without much additional cost.

I still think your best bet is to understand the security concerns and try to address them. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.