Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jenkinsns

Power BI on-premises reports to Microsoft Teams Personal App in tab

Hello,

I am developing a App for Microsoft Teams. I need to show the Power BI on-premises report in my Teams Personal App Tab. Could you please guide me or share some reference please. I know Power BI cloud/online repoerts can add both via UI and App.

I am facing issue in Power BI on-premises report. Kindly help.

1. Is it possible to add as embed/iframe to load the Power BI on-premises report?

2. How to add the report in Teams. 

Regards

Jenkins NS

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@v-kelly-msft no, that is for service based reports and the original poster explicitly asked about on-prem PBIRS based reports.

@jenkinsns - My appologies, somehow I skimmed over your statement that you are actually building an app. An iframe should work fine, the only issue is that your users will need to be on the local network or connected via a VPN for the iframe to load (or you would need to look at a solution like an Azure Application Proxy to make the on-prem reports available over the internet)

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

One way to do this is to just to add a website tab. If you add the following to the end of the url for a pbix report it will hide the title bar and filters pane "?rs:embed=true&filterPaneEnabled=False" then you get the full screen report in your Teams tab

Hi 

Thank you

But I am looking for a solution to add the report in Teams personal Tab App (custom App)

regards

Jenkins NS

Hi  @jenkinsns ,

Check the reference below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-embed-report-microsoft-teams

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.