Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rohithkothaneth
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI Service account breaking its connectivity in Jan 2019

Hello Team,

After we moved to Jan 2019 release, we have been experiencing that the Power BI Report server is breaking its service account connection during weekend.  We had to re-establish the the same service account connection to bring up the Power BI Report server URL on Monday.  And once re-configuring completes, the URL comes up without any issue.

Has anyone experienced this issue with their system?  Any lead on solving this will eb helpful.

Thanks,

Rohith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fixed this issue after adding the service account to the local administartor within the windows server.

Thanks,

Rohith

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rohithkothaneth
Resolver I
Resolver I

Upon discussing with the server team, we have a weekly reboot of server which is scheduled on every Sunday at 3:00 AM EST.  Does this activity impact the issue with connection breaks noticing with thr PBI installed in there. For the last consecutive 3 weeks we are encuntering this issue on Monday when we check the status of te PBI Report server?

We started noticng this issue after going to Jan 2019 release of the PBI report server.  With the August 2018 version, we never encountered this issue.

Thanks,
Rohith

Fixed this issue after adding the service account to the local administartor within the windows server.

Thanks,

Rohith

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.