Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dimani
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Report Server Upgrade - Do we need to do any config?

Hello

We have a Power BI Report Server May 2021, and we are thinking to either upgrade it to May 2022 or Feb 2023.

One of the steps, the last steps is ...

"After a successful upgrade, you can select Configure Report Server to launch the Reporting Services Configuration Manager, or select Close to exit the installer."

For those who have experience or knowledge, is the "Configure Report Server" an optional step since we are doing an upgrade?  I am thinking/guessing it may retain the configuration from the existing installation and that it can be reused for the new upgraded installation.  Or we need to configure it again?

Thank you

D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bryanshaw46
Resolver I
Resolver I

I have upgraded many times. Configure Report Server is an optional step, but I always do it to ensure that the settings are correct.

It reuses the same rsreportserver.config file.  I highly recommend that you perform a database backup and save a copy of all of your config files.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bryanshaw46
Resolver I
Resolver I

I have upgraded many times. Configure Report Server is an optional step, but I always do it to ensure that the settings are correct.

It reuses the same rsreportserver.config file.  I highly recommend that you perform a database backup and save a copy of all of your config files.

Thanks for your information, Bryanshaw46!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.