Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Valley_Girl
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Report Server (May 2021) 'refresh now' not working within Scheduled Refresh

Hi Community,

Previously I used to be able to go into manage-scheduled refresh-tick the scheduled refresh and 'refresh now' 

RefreshExample.PNG

but when I try to do it now after upgrading to the May 2021 version nothing happens, I don't even get an error message or find any information in the logs as to it failing. Curiously if the refresh fails then I am able to click the 'refresh now' button and it will work, it appears to only be an issue when trying to refresh reports that have succesfully completed.

I am aware that the 'refresh now' button when viewing the report itself does not refresh the background data but this is the 'refresh now' option with the scheduled refresh settings and previously was working.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks

Amy

1 REPLY 1
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Valley_Girl ,

It works well on my side.

refresh now.gif

Please restart your report server and try it again.

In addition, do the services are stopped when updating the server? If not, there may be some error.

You probably need to re-install the PBIRS again.

We encountered this issue once, we did reinstallation and it worked well for us.

We did our little investigation of why this happened and we realized that we updated the server without stopping services which somehow causes issues. But after that we did multiple upgrades using the strategy of stopping the services and update the PBIRS and haven't encountered this issue again {or as of now 

Reference: Unable to Create a New Scheduled Refresh

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.