Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Server - January 2021 update- Cascading parameters is not updating

Hello dear Community,

I need your help.

We have many reports (.rdl) in PowerBI Report Server. Most of these reports are using Cascading parameters. For example, we have a ClientNo parameter, it is a dropdown menu. When the user is selecting it, the dependent date parameters are filtered based on the ClientNo. And when the ClientNo is changed, the date values are refreshed based on the new ClientNo.

But unfortunately, after we updated the Report Server to January 2021, this functionality is lost. The dependent parameters are not refreshing when the parent parameter is selected or changed.

I searched a lot on the web, and I tried almost all the answers, but none of them seems to work.
Consider this, that we have at least 100 reports, and we can not apply a fundamental change to all the reports. ( cause some of the solutions were suggesting to set the parameter data sets to a stored procedure .... )

1 REPLY 1
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Try return to the previous version Report Server if you still have the install pack, see if the parameters are working properly. You may leave a feedback in the following post regarding to the Jan updates bug.

Power BI Report Server Jan 2021 Released - Microsoft Power BI Community

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.