Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server - August 2018)

Can someone please help me finding a location to download Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server - August 2018)?  This is the Power Bi Desktop version to match our server.  The Desktop was recently updated and no longer matches the server.  When we click on the download link at the top of our Report website, it directs us to the Microsoft page for the download of the current version of Power BI Deskop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server - September 2019).

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous for PBIRS Microsoft only support the current release plus the two prior releases (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/support-timeline) so the Aug 18 release is no longer a supported release. If you want to keep running older releases that are out of support you need to keep a local copy of the desktop installer as Microsoft removes unsupported versions from their download servers. I know this is sometimes easier said than done, but your other option is to upgrade to a more recent release (I'd suggest trying the Sep 19 release as there are a few issues MS is working on for the latest release)

KBO
MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors