Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Larva_Rabbit
Regular Visitor

Power BI App Deleted, By Itself?

I edited a report on May 22, 2023 that I had created an App for, to send in a subscription list every week.  This has all been functioning perfectly fine since early March, even with edits and changes.  This morning, May 23, 2023 the app disappeared, and everyone on the distribution list gets an error that "Sorry, we couldn't find that app.  It may have been deleted or you may not have access to view it."  When I went to my Power BI service, sure enough, the app was nowhere to be found.

I don't understand how this could happen, or where to even start looking?  Yes, I can rebuild the app, and the subscription list, but about a month ago I similarly lost the subscription list and had to recreate it.  Is there some kind of history to see what happened to these things?  I have to try and track down my IT admin, but without some more detail on where they can start looking I'm not sure they would spend a lot of time on this.  

It is possible that someone else with permissions to the workspace could have accidently deleted it, but how/where would I be able to find that out?  Is there a way to get it back without recreating it?  I am certain I did not accidently delete the app myself2023-05-23 10_28_48-image001.png ‎- Photos.png.  I have

another app made in a different workspace that is still there.  This is quite strange.  I am certain I didn't accidently delete it myself, I just want to know how to best prevent this from happening in the future.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.