Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

niallhannon
Helper II
Helper II

Parameter popup, scrolling doesnt work in IE 11

I have the October release of Power BI Reportserver and have a standard rdl (pagnated) report. In IE 11 if a parameter has a large list of values to pick you get scrollbars to scroll down the list.

But when you try to scroll down the pop up just disappears, scrolling doesnt work. It works fine in Chrome.

Anyone come across this issue or have a resolution?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Yuliana,

Thanks for trying. After some more searching I found this known issue about a recent IE update.

After installing this KB, Internet Explorer 11 users who use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) may not be able to scroll through a drop-down menu by using the scroll bar.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4040685/cumulative-security-update-for-internet-explorer

I think this is the issue I am having so it seems a know issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @niallhannon,

I was not able to reproduce your problem. Below is the result in my environment (Report Server: 1.1.6514.9163 October 2017    Browser: IE11  11.0.9600.18817)

1.PNG

Please post an image of the result you got on web portal. Could you please try to republish report to web portal? And restart the PBI report server service for a test.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana,

Thanks for trying. After some more searching I found this known issue about a recent IE update.

After installing this KB, Internet Explorer 11 users who use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) may not be able to scroll through a drop-down menu by using the scroll bar.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4040685/cumulative-security-update-for-internet-explorer

I think this is the issue I am having so it seems a know issue.

Also, try testing this with a multi-select parameter rather than a single select. The issue seems to happen on the multi-select parameter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors