Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akhaliq7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Paginated Reports - Query Designer Add all fields at once

I am new to creating paginated reports first I connect to my datasource in power bi service. Next I try to add a dataset from my datasource in the query designer page I need to individually drag each field to execute it is there a quicker way to include all fields.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sevenhills
Super User
Super User

No, it is not possible. 

My 2 cents

~ Power BI Desktop itself, being the latest tool, does not have it. So, don't expect it (, in near future)

~ Tip: Instead of drag and drop, right click the column, and add to the Query.  This is faster. In particular, it helps when drag and drop freezes. 

~ I hope one day Power BI team or SSRS team will add this 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
akhaliq7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks for the tip yeh would be good to have a way to add all fields at once as I deal with tables with a lot of columns.

Yes, It is a feature needed as many users started using and building complex reports in PBI paginated reports worldwide.

I asked the same in SSRS - SSAS era, like 10 years back only.

Best part is Microsoft has implemented this kind of funcitionality in Access reports, Azure devops, SharePoint or other ssrs connectivity scenarios. Why not here, not sure! 🙂

sevenhills
Super User
Super User

No, it is not possible. 

My 2 cents

~ Power BI Desktop itself, being the latest tool, does not have it. So, don't expect it (, in near future)

~ Tip: Instead of drag and drop, right click the column, and add to the Query.  This is faster. In particular, it helps when drag and drop freezes. 

~ I hope one day Power BI team or SSRS team will add this 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.