Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CEllis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Paginated Reports - PowerBi Data Source - Joins

Hi,

I have had a look around about joining different datasets(tables) from the same PowerBi Data source and find it confusing if this is possible or not.

This is how I am building reports in PowerBi Report Builder that use the same PowerBi Data source with different data sets(tables)

I am using the same parameter filters on multiple tablix(pivot tables) that have different datasets(tables) from the same PowerBi Data source to make sure they are rendering the same filtered data on one report. 

I've also used sub reports to do a similar thing using parameters to filter each sub report again from the same PowerBi data source.

Could someone advise if joins created in PowerBi Desktop are used in PowerBi Report builder when connecting to a Power Bi Data Service ?

Many thanks

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CEllis ,

In Report Builder, you can add a shared data source from the report server or create an embedded data source for your report.
For the second half of your statement, it seems not quite understandable. Can you provide the relevant step-by-step information, etc.

related document:

Add and Verify a Data Connection (Report Builder) - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft...

Set Credential & Connection Information for Report Data Sources - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSR...

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your respone, its much apprecited.

Hopfully this wil help;

I've mocked up an example below.

If I use fields from seprate tables are they joined or do I have to creat the join ?

The only functions I have come across are 'Lookup' and 'LookupSet' that come close to joining seprate tables.

Many thanks

Chris

CEllis_0-1649058766923.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.