Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sbansal
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Report visual in Power BI throwing error after making first time selections.

Hi All,

We have integrated Paginated Reports in Power BI report in paginated report visual and we are successful in doing that but the moment we make the first selections it throws an error 'An unexpected error occured' and when we navigate from other Power BI page to the page containing paginated report visual it starts rendering. Here is the screenshot of the error:

Sbansal_0-1691408992826.png

Requesting the community to helping in this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjana

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

So if all you are getting is "Unexpected Error" then that is almost certainly a bug. My only thought was that maybe you had a multi-valued slicer passing into a paginated parameter that was not configured to accept multiple values, but even then I would expect a better error message.

Sbansal
Frequent Visitor

Hi @d_gosbell,

Thanks for responding back. Yes making selections means selecting values from slicers and all slicers except are multi-valued except one and this is the expanded view of the error, I just posted the error message as on expansion also it is saying 'an unexpected error occured' and the strange thing is that when I navigate between Power BI pages and come back to the page which contains Power BI paginated report visual, it starts working but mostly 90-95% first time it throws an error and since it is a client project we cannot afford to have that error in the first place.

I will also raise a support ticket to Microsoft.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjana

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I don't know if the community can help much here. You may need to raise a support ticket with Microsoft.

But there is not enough information here to know what is going on. What do you mean by "make selections" are you selecting values from slicers? If so are these single selections or multi-value selections? Can you temporarily expand the height of the visual so that you can see the error details? It looks like the visual is not tall enough currently to show these.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.