Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

akhaliq7
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Paginated Report, Made up column created when paginated report subscription to excel created

When I subscribe to a paginated report to export as a excel file then a made up column is created in excel. I have double checked the paginated report there isn't a blank column. But when I receive my data in a excel file then there is a blank column in the position of column g. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The Excel output sometimes has to insert extra columns and merge cells in order to maintain the position of other report elements. Do you have a text box header or something like this on your report which lines up with this extra column? Typically if I am targetting xlsx as an output I try to keep the layout very simple, with just a single tablix on the page to reduce these sorts of issues.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
akhaliq7
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

yes I had a empty title text box which I had to delete thanks for your help.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The Excel output sometimes has to insert extra columns and merge cells in order to maintain the position of other report elements. Do you have a text box header or something like this on your report which lines up with this extra column? Typically if I am targetting xlsx as an output I try to keep the layout very simple, with just a single tablix on the page to reduce these sorts of issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors