Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dannyfig
Frequent Visitor

PPU license: can I share report with free users?

Hello, if I subscribe to a PPU license, can I share my reports with free users within the organization?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
hoosierbiuser

Can you elaborate a little more?

dannyfig
Frequent Visitor

@jaweher899 thanks for your reply! However, your last sentance was confusing to me, first you stated that "you can share your reports with free users within your organization" but then "keep in mind that PPU is a per-user license, so each user who wants to view the shared report will also need to have a PPU license".

So I cannot share with free users then? They will not have the permitions to open the report? Thank you!

jaweher899
Super User
Super User

Yes, if you have a Power BI Premium per User (PPU) license, you can share your reports with free users within your organization. This is because PPU allows for the distribution of content to free users within the same tenant, whereas a regular Power BI Pro license would only allow for sharing with other Pro users or external users with their own Pro license. However, keep in mind that PPU is a per-user license, so each user who wants to view the shared report will also need to have a PPU license.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.