Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vickyd
Helper V
Helper V

PBIRS Report with no one having content manager access

I had a report where the Builtin\Admin account had content manager access and a few other groups had browser access. 

In an attempt to remove the other groups and only keep the admin group, I ended up doing the opposite causing the admin group to go away and resulting in no user being a "Content Manager" for the report. 

Is there any other alternative to manage the security for that report and reinstate admin group as the Content Manager?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @vickyd 

Have you tried my suggestion? Did it fail? My test here can solve your operation of deleting admin. Do you think there is any problem?

Best Regards

Janey Guo

I did try it. Didn't work though. When I click on "Manage" it basically shows a you do not have permission message as usual. 

Hi, @vickyd  Do you use the administrator's computer to log in? 

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @vickyd 

After testing, there is a way to add administrators again. You need to open the browser with administrator authority, then open the report server, and re-add ‘BUILTIN\Administrators’ in the settings.

1.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.