Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Frequent Visitor

PBIRS Embeded Report View Options

We host reports embedded in the PBI Service as well as OnPrem from the PBIRS. OnPrem we are filtering reports with parameters and displaying them in an iFrame. The reports all show as Actual Size, and depending on the user resolution there may be a ton of white space around the report. In the service I can edit a report and set the view option (image below) which is respected when the report is embedded. In PBIRS if I view the report I have access to the view menu, but it seems to only apply to that session. I want the report to always be 'Fit to Width'. Is there a way to save that option or to have it load that way in the iFrame through a URL parameter I'm not aware of??

PBI Service View OptionsPBI Service View Options

PBIRS View OptionsPBIRS View Options

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MaxNovak
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

I had a similar request because when embedded Report details are much more visible. 

You can set the view in your PBI Desktop, view tab, and you can see the change in PBI Report Server. 

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dpFr33
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

iFrame does not allow you to display a Power BI Report Server report in responsive design. The size of the reports depends on the size of the page. If you want small iframe, you have to reduce the page size of the report.

Regards,

Denis

MaxNovak
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

I had a similar request because when embedded Report details are much more visible. 

You can set the view in your PBI Desktop, view tab, and you can see the change in PBI Report Server. 

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors