Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI enterprise architecture'd?

Some weeks ago i've posted about the integration between PBI and SSRS and how Will they evolve in the future, But i've forgot to ask an important question: as PBI is rapidly evolving, it even seems that it Will eventually integrate SSRS, does it still make Sense to sell it as a simple Bi tool for self service?
I think we can all agree that it doesnt make Sense...
So, the bottom question is if PBI can (and if it is) grow and evolve to become a BI enterprise solution with an architecture so complete and powerfull such as microstrategy and other tools in the market.
Regards
2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently Power BI Report Server is included in Power BI Premium rather than being sold as a separate product.

Power BI Premium introduces the ability to maintain BI assets on-premises with Power BI Report Server. Power BI Report Server is an on-premises server that allows the deployment and distribution of interactive Power BI reports – and traditional paginated reports – completely within the boundaries of the organization's firewall. With Power BI Premium the same number of virtual cores an organization provisions in the cloud can also be deployed on-premises through Power BI Report Server, without the need to split the capacity. Organizations can choose Power BI in the cloud, or elect to keep reports on-premises with Power BI Report Server and move to the cloud at their pace. 

Power BI Premium is a capacity-based licensing model that increases flexibility for how users access, share and distribute content. It enables Power BI Pro users to publish reports broadly across the enterprise and beyond, without requiring recipients to be licensed per user. Power BI Report Server which is included in Power BI Premium, enables wider distribution of Power BI reports on-premises without the need to license report consumers with per user licenses. Hence Power BI Report Server is a natural fit into the Power BI Premium offering.

Maybe @riccardomuti and @mgmeyer have other comments on this issue?

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i didn't know where to put the following post, so i've added the questions to this one, because this is also related to architecture - more specific about architecture between Power BI and SSAS tabular:

1 - Power BI Row Level Security can be used on [almost] every source in PBI, just leaving out SSAS tabular (both cloud and on-premisses)?

1.1 - The PBI RLS setup is made between PBI desktop and the online service?

2 - Power BI works better (well fitted) for SSAS Tabular, than SSAS MD?

3 - SSAS Row Level Security is more well fitted for SSAS Tabular, than SSAS MD?

3.1 - SSAS Row Level Security is only defined on SSAS, or is there any setup to do on Power BI?

4 - Is there any limitation (thinking generally and also about RLS) between PBI and cloud SSAS tabular or on premisses SSAS with Live connection?

5 - Finally, Who are the sites, training and people to follow, in relation to Azure AS and Power BI?

Kind Regards

Ricardo Freitas

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors