Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jake91
Frequent Visitor

PBI Reprot Server October - Jan 8 Fix not working

Hi,

I have installed Version: 1.9.7675.15620 (Build 15.0.1104.300), Released: January 8, 2021  and my scheduled refresh on my report still isnt working.  Getting COM error.

SessionID: 329050fa-7b10-40d8-8238-22103328f16f [0] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, An item with the same key has already been added.. [1] -1055129594: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed. [2] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. [3] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. [4] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, An item with the same key has already been added.. [5] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, An item with the same key has already been added.. [6] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, An item with the same key has already been added.. [7] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, An item with the same key has already been added.. [8] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, An item with the same key has already been added..

There is no Backup version of my report in %AppData% so I cannot revert.

Things I have tried  / tested:

• Removing all tables which use a Merge allows the scheduled refresh to proceed (not a solution)
  • Finding a really old version of the report and creating copies to test
    • Open and deploy with Enhanced Metadata OFF : Works
    • Open and deploy with Enhanced Metadata ON: Fails with same COM Error

Because I do not have the automatic backup from when PBI Upgraded the file with Enhanced metadata I cannot go back to this and open with Enhanced Metadata OFF and continue work.

The old version of the file I had stored in the files is months old and is not an acceptable solution to just rework it to current state.

Regards,

Jake

7 REPLIES 7
Petebro
Employee
Employee

Glad to hear it. When you get a chance could you please try a second copy of the report with enhanced metadata feature enabled and ensure refresh works as well. In a future release the plan is to make enhanced metadata the only option for new reports and will update models when editing occurs. Because of this we really want to ensure all customers reports work as expected with the feature on.

Thanks,

Pete

xantari
Helper II
Helper II

It appears to have fix the issue. We have not yet tried to re-activate the enhanced metadata feature yet however. But atleast we are able to do a scheduled refresh of the report now which was the primary thing we needed fixed.

Petebro
Employee
Employee

Hi @xantari @Jake91 @Imex197 

We have released a new version of Power BI Report Server that should address the issues you were facing. Would you be able to try and let me know if you are still hitting any of these issues with models with enhanced metadata?

-Pete

xantari
Helper II
Helper II

Microsoft, what is the status on a fix for this? We reverted back to a 7 month old report, turned off enhanced metadata and the issue still exists.

Hi, @xantari 

I'm sorry.The problem has not been fixed, It's a bit more difficult, but the development team is actively dealing with it.

Bset Regards

Janey Guo

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Jake91 

I’m sorry, IT engineers are already investigating and solving this problem. If there is a new progress I will reply to you in time.

Bset Regards

Janey Guo

Imex197
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Jake,

we are facing the same issue. I don´t understand why MS can´t fix this bug.

Cheeers

Imex197

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.