Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MogensSmerdel
Frequent Visitor

PBI Report Server (September 2023) and Synoptic Panel

Hi,

I have a problem with the custom visual Synoptic Panel after the upgrade to Power BI Server for RS (september 2023). The problem is, that when a Power BI Report is rendered from Power BI Report Server, the content of the Synoptic Panel is just blank.

It has been working for years, but this update seems to have ruined all our reports, which is using Synoptic Panel.

By the way it works fine in Power BI Desktop for RS (Sept. 2023), it renders perfectly as it is supposed to, but when deployed to the server it doesn't work anymore...

I am just curious, if anyone else using Synoptic Panel, has similar problems? Or if it is a local issue.

Best regards,

Mogens Smerdel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

13 REPLIES 13
Naimera

Hi, there is a similar Visual to replace this Synoptic? I don't found anyone. 

v-alipat
Employee
Employee

@PBI_user27 @MogensSmerdel @ForcaTaico 
Hi all, 

Here's an update about the issue: 
Work on fix is in progress, and there will be a QFE release of PBIRS as soon as it's ready 😌 

Expected date is not known yet, but approximately it would be by the end of October (or sooner) 

Sorry about the inconvenience! 

Thanks,

Alexandra 

Hi, 

so whats the Status. Today is 10/31/2023 so its end of October. We are running lots of reports including plugins in Power BI to handle Month End processes in all areas and most of them are not useable. 

Would be a sign of proffesional Communication to post regular status on such crucial impacts and errors. 

Hi all, 

@MarcusF19@PBI_user27 , @MogensSmerdel , @ForcaTaico 

Sorry about the lack of updates, you are right! 

We have the fix now, and we are in the process of preparing this QFE release ASAP. 

If testing goes smoothly, the release should happen this week. 

The worst case scenario - the release is going to happen next week. 

Sorry about the inconvenience and thank you for your patience! 

Thanks,

Alexandra  

New version is available on:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57270

Version: 15.0.1113.169

That's right, the new QFE build with the fix was released yesterday, and should be available for download everywhere by now 😌 

The changelog update will be published shortly as well. 

Thanks. On a short check after the Update I can confirm that the Plugins are working again.

Hi,

please include Xviz component too!

same issue here sadly

Hi @Secl , 

We will make sure to verify XViz is fixed too 😊

Thanks,

Alexandra 

Hi,

is there any news here when the update will be provided? We are using besides other effected components but XViz is used in lot of vital reports and currently are very limited with the situation. 

In fact the problem is related to all custom visuals from September 2023 release. And both - on PBIRS portal and in Power BI Desktop. In Power BI Desktop previously added custom visuals continiously show loading icon, on PBIRS portal report with custom visual loads custom visual with long delay.

PBI_user27
Frequent Visitor

I am facing the same issue as you.

v-alipat
Employee
Employee

Hi @MogensSmerdel , 

Thank you for reporting the issue on the forum. 

We were able to reproduce it, and I'm passing the info about it to the appropriate team

I'll update in this thread once we have more info or ETA.

Thanks,

Alexandra 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.