Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

powerinM
Helper II
Helper II

Open Previous version of a pbix file in Power bi report sever

Hi: I upload a report in Power Bi Report server @ my work. Everymonth when I update the report I keep the file name same, which means it overwrites the previous version. How can I get a copy of the previous version of the pbix file? Our Power Bi report server is not the Power bi premium. It is acquired through SQL server enterprise edition.

In SharePoint I know that even if i do the exact same thing as above, I can still retrieve the previous version. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I'm sorry but there is no way of doing this (other than getting your DBA to restore the entire PBI Report Server database using a backup from last month if they have one, but that would rollback every report, not just the one you want)

When you save a file with the same name in PBIRS it overwrites the file. Report Server does not keep document history the way that Sharepoint can.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I'm sorry but there is no way of doing this (other than getting your DBA to restore the entire PBI Report Server database using a backup from last month if they have one, but that would rollback every report, not just the one you want)

When you save a file with the same name in PBIRS it overwrites the file. Report Server does not keep document history the way that Sharepoint can.

Thanks for your response. Greatly appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.