Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kyle_AspirEDU
Frequent Visitor

On-premises data gateway and New Connection Help!

Good evening, 

First, let me apologize for the ignorance of my question, but I am at a loss now. Also, I apologize for the length of the post; I want to provide as much helpful information to the community as possible. I am hoping for your assistance. 

The situation...I have a database file that I have connected to my Power BI desktop app through the use of the ODBC driver. The dataset connects perfectly with no issues, and I use "Windows Credentials" to finish the connection.

As you might have guessed, I want to auto-refresh this data to my Power BI app. In order to do this, I have installed and am running the On-Premises data gateway(Not personal). The gateway is up and running, and when I visit my workspace, where I have published the report/dataset I can clearly see the correct data gateway running, but the dataset (the SQLite file) is not correctly configured.

I then click on the "add to gateway" button, next to the dataset, to create a new connection between this dataset and the on-premises gateway. I added a connection name, the connect type is correct, "ODBC", the connection string looks correct, and then I selected Authentication Method windows.

Here is where I run into issues. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what credentials to use, and I have tried everything. When I first establish the connection in my Power BI desktop, I choose "Use Window Credentials" to connect to the ODBC dataset. Whatever I try, I keep seeing the error invalid credentials. 

I am figuring I am missing something, or I have not set up some sort of username/password for the dataset, but I would love the help of this community. What am I missing or what credentials should I be using? 

Thank you  

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.