Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jpnayak
Frequent Visitor

New scheduled refresh stuck at refreshing

I have PBI RS Jan 2020 and there are more than 15 scheduled refreshes already working, but none of the newly created schedules created now works.. It just sticks at refreshing and nothing happens.
There are some other data source related error messages i can read in the logs. But no clear errors or failure messages for these new schedules.
Is there any number of schedules limitation or analysis services setting needs to be configured.
Please help
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
jpnayak
Frequent Visitor

For some weird reason, all the events piled up in Reportserver database event table. The count was in million. I had to remove those events to allow new schedules to start.

View solution in original post

You may check the event table item count in reportserver database . If you see too many records delete them . Simple database query I used

USE ReportServer

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Event

DELETE  FROM Event

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jpnayak
Frequent Visitor

For some weird reason, all the events piled up in Reportserver database event table. The count was in million. I had to remove those events to allow new schedules to start.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jpnayak - Can you help what is the action that should be performed when u say remove the events.  please provide the steps for this issue.

Thanks

You may check the event table item count in reportserver database . If you see too many records delete them . Simple database query I used

USE ReportServer

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Event

DELETE  FROM Event

Hope it helps.

Hi @jpnayak ,

Can you explain the step to solve this issue? im facing the same issue and dont know what to do.

Thank you.

supriyaj

Hi

I am facing similar issue since morning. All scheduled reports are stucke at status "Refreshing". Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.